Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  California Bighorn Sheep    2005 Washington Draw + Raffle Tag Info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 Washington Draw + Raffle Tag Info
 Login/Join

posted
Special hunt permit applications for California Bighorn Sheep will go on sale starting May 15, 2005. The Application Submission Period for the 2005 Bighorn Sheep Drawing is May 15 to midnight June 19, 2005.

Application and quota information will be available on-line at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/hunter/specperm/quotas/

The drawing for the California Bighorn Sheep raffle license will be held on August 10th, 2005. Raffle tickets may be purchased on-line at http://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ You will be transferred to a different website and you will want to look down the left hand margin of that new site for “Purchase a Raffle Ticket”. Click on “Purchase a Raffle Ticket” and you’ll be prompted through the process. You may also acquire tickets by calling toll free 1-866-246-9453. These raffle tickets are $11.45 each this year. The deadline on the raffle tickets is shown as August 7, 2005 on the flyer from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife that I picked up at the FNAWS convention. Other notes from the flyer are:
- Anyone may participate in raffles and there is no limit to the number of raffle tickets an individual can purchase, but no refunds will be given.
- Once-in-a-lifetime restriction does not apply to raffle and auction permit holders.
- Winners will be notified by August 15 and do not need to be present to win.
- One winner will be drawn and the license and tag costs will be paid using the raffle funds.
- See 2005 Hunting Pamphlet for rules and details.

The winning ticket number will be posted at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/cgi-bin/shp_tmp/raffle_internet.cgi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RamDreamer,

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey RamDreamer,
Do you know about how many Cali Bighorn nonres tags Washington issues each year?
Thanks

Posts: 33 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MNHunter,

Unless I'm mistaken, Washington has no quota on residents vs. non-residents drawing sheep tags (same as New Mexico). There is also no set-aside for non-residents, thus it is possible that zero non-residents may draw in a given year. I was a resident when they started the bonus point system thus have stayed with it and am at max points. Many non-residents don't apply there as the odds are incredibly long, but I'll continue to do so.

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RamDreamer,
What are max points at now? If I recall I think you had said in a post once that your wife drew in 97 there. Is that about the time they started it? I started putting in last year as it was only $50 and never thought much about it. On all the furums I am on no one really talks about WA and I noticed that Huntin Fool doesn't cover WA either. WA seems to be odd state out.

Posts: 33 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Max points going in to this year's draw is nine (9). When I moved to Washington I was amazed that there was virtually no guiding infrastructure there. Sure, there are a few nowadays if you dig and research, but it's not like other states. You have a good memory. Yes, my wife drew the first ever "Lincoln Cliffs" tag in '97. Huntin' Fool used to cover Washington back in it's early days (I could go research it in all the back issues as I'm a long time subscriber but I don't think it's that important). I seem to recall that when they quit covering it they told folks to buy the bighorn license lottery/raffle tickets when that started as the odds were actually better in the raffle than in the draw.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info RamDreamer.
MNHunter

posted Hide Post
2005 Bighorn Sheep quotas are now posted on-line at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/hunter/specperm/quotas/05sheep.htm

posted Hide Post
Washington's 2005 regulations are now available on-line to view and/or download at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/hunter/huntregs2005.pdf

posted Hide Post
Washington's "Special Hunt Permit Application" for 2005 is now available for purchase on-line by hitting the "Go to the WDFW Online Sales and Services Website" link on this web page: http://wdfw.wa.gov/lic/formpage.htm

posted Hide Post
Looks like Washington had trouble with their Internet based application system this year (or their contracted provider of the service did). I just saw the below on their website (Note: The applications were originally due to be submitted no later than June 19th):

ATTENTION: The deadline to purchase a Special Hunt Application will end as of Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
The deadline for submittal of Special Hunt Applications will be extended until Sunday, June 26th, 2005 at 12:00 Midnight Pacific Time in an effort to accommodate hunters who were unable to submit due to technical difficulties. Please feel free to contact us at 360-902-2464 if we can assist you in any way.

<Provider>
posted
Washington draw results are available online.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm going goat hunting.

Posts: 95 | Location: Clarkston, WA | Registered: November 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys can see your results. It won't show me anything on my entries, nor my wife's.

I can't even get the overall results to come up.

I'm launching my search from here: http://wdfw.wa.gov/cgi-bin/shp_tmp/permit.cgi

Is there somewhere else to start from?

posted Hide Post
Finally got it to work. It appears that the web page doesn't accept cut and pasted WILD #'s. I had to enter it with keystrokes.

Zip here. 12 states, no tags in '05.

posted Hide Post
The drawing for the Washington State California Bighorn Sheep raffle license was held earlier today.

The winning ticket number is 50023723788.

Anybody out there have it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RamDreamer,