Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  California Bighorn Sheep    Calif. bighorns in the Sierras/Owens Valley?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calif. bighorns in the Sierras/Owens Valley?
 Login/Join

posted
What mountains do these sheep live on or around? I spent 10 days there in 2000 and expected to find a few sheep--but nothing. Saw tons of deer though. Any ideas on where I might view a few sheep?

I was mostly looking in the mountains from Lone Pine to Taboose Creek (south of Big Pine). Was I in the wrong place?

It is really awesome country around there. The valley is around 4,000 ft, but the mountains shoot right up to 14,000+ ft. It's a spectacular place.

Posts: 36 | Location: Alabama, USA | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FixedPower:
What mountains do these sheep live on or around? I spent 10 days there in 2000 and expected to find a few sheep--but nothing. Saw tons of deer though. Any ideas on where I might view a few sheep?

I was mostly looking in the mountains from Lone Pine to Taboose Creek (south of Big Pine). Was I in the wrong place?

It is really awesome country around there. The valley is around 4,000 ft, but the mountains shoot right up to 14,000+ ft. It's a spectacular place.

Posts: 1 | Location: mashhad,khorasan,iran | Registered: November 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post