Five Ram Grand Slam
 Login/Join 
posted
How many GSO members have the North American Five Ram Slam

RMBH, CABH, Stone, Dall, Desert BH ????

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not me. I still need that CA...

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RamDreamer,

With your run of luck the last couple years what Cali tag are you drawing this year? Oregon ? Washington? Idaho?

Posts: 95 | Location: Clarkston, WA | Registered: November 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have four and am heading to Sonora this year for the fifth and final NAmer Ram. I was just wondering how many GSC members have recorded the five rams?

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ramslam,
You're not too bad off in the luck department yourself! I'm actually to hunt Cali's in southern B.C. either this Sept. or next.

blkheart,
I don't think the folks in the office track the "5 Ram" data. But maybe one of them will jump on here and tell us.
What about the sixth ram? Do you have a Fannin?

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I concur with what RAMDREAMER may be implying .... Why stop at 5? Go for the PERFECTO!!! Alaska, Yukon or NWT Dall; Fannin from traditional areas in The Yukon; pure Stone from BC; and then the three Bighorns: California, Rocky Mt. and Desert. That is the way to go. Being half way there, I got a lot to look forward to. Now if the economy will only improve.

Posts: 100 | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fannin can also be had in select areas in AK. Not quite the numbers of the Yukon, but they are here.

Posts: 21 | Location: Alaska | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm at the 4 sheep stage with a Cali, Rocky, Dall and Fannin. Hopefully I'll be after the Stone and if I can get a little luck in the state draws, Desert also.
Bryan

Posts: 34 | Location: onalaska, washington | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figure I should update my last post.
I was able to add a BC stone and a Yukon dall to my list of rams last year. Oregoncarl, this gives me one dall from the NWT and one from the Yukon. I guess I need to go to Alaska!
Bryan

Posts: 34 | Location: onalaska, washington | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummmm.....you are going to Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats you dirty rotten ()&*##(*&%$!!!!

Posts: 95 | Location: Clarkston, WA | Registered: November 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
starbaileyranch .... what stock market have you been investing in lately? I'd like some of that action. Looks like you are only one from the BIG 6 ... the desert. If you go to Alaska, don't do it the way I did it as the follow-up is a bit rough ... backpack in the Talkeetnas and then 18 months later a full 6 ... bypasses that is. This discussion brings up a pet peeve of mine. Various awards given out single out only the largest North American rams when we all know that different areas produce differently. For example a 180 ram from Wyoming is every bit as noteworthy as a 190 ram from Montana. I would like it if one of these sheep organization would individually recognize the best rams in each available category from every NA political subdivision: i.e.,Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alberta, BC, NWT, Yukon, Mexico, etc., etc. Maybe only a sheet of paper but lets one's peers get a better handle on what is really going on out there. And a board to post field photos of the entrants.

And to all who are 'bitten', here's hoping your upcoming mountain trips bring you home safely with a full bag of photos, memories and maybe even an animal.

Posts: 100 | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Ramslam I am going to Alaska for a dall hunt! Thanks to a WAFNAWS raffle and a lot of luck! I'm getting real excited about it as August is just around the corner. If luck holds I'll be able to harvest a dall ram giving me one from NWT, Yukon, and AK. I didnt set out to make this a goal I just love to go sheep hunting. It's very cool thinking back on all those different hunts.
Bryan

posted Hide Post
I thought I should let you all know how my hunt went. I was fortunate enough to take a great looking 39 1/2 x 38 inch ram on the 5th day of my hunt. I couldnt be more happy with my ram and the job Todd Walton of Alaska Big Game Safaris did for me. There were three hunters in camp(tents on the glacier) for Todd and his other guide, Mark Hill. All three hunters had rams by day five. I saw about thirty rams with 12-15 being legal befor I chose to shoot mine. Every thing went like clock work except for the 10 inches of snow that fell the day after I killed my ram keeping us on the glacier an extra few days. What a great adventure it was spending time out on the glaciers of Alaska hunting Dall sheep with a couple of great guys like Todd and Mark.
Bryan

posted Hide Post
Bryan, how about some photos of your hunt?? Congrats, I lived up there for 21 years and really miss it this time of year...

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huntinman, I'm more than happy to put some pictures on here but posting pictures seem to be my weekness. Maybe somebody could give me a step by step or point me to one if it's already posted here some where.
Bryan

posted Hide Post
Bryan, just go to the toolbar at the top of the form and select new...a drop down menu will appear...select photo album...from there just follow the steps. If the photos are in your computer it's pretty easy...

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post