Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  GSCO Member Services    Winter issue of magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter issue of magazines?
 Login/Join 
posted
When will the next issue of Grand Slam and Ovis go in the mail?

Posts: 36 | Location: Alabama, USA | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great question. Can I expect it in the mail or pick up a copy in Reno?

Posts: 95 | Location: Clarkston, WA | Registered: November 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my understanding... The next issue begins actually printing today and is to be mailed approximately next Wednesday, 12/3/03. The magazine(s) have been moved to a new printer. It is no longer done in Birmingham, Alabama, but instead is being produced in Denver, Colorado. The Club office will not have to touch them after they are produced now. The magazine(s) will be put into individual plastic mailing bags to better protect them and then mailed to the membership directly from the printer. They are going to be mailed using a U.S. Postal Service "Periodical Rate" which should have them to the members in about 7 days after mailing from now on. All of these changes are apparently going to be not only a much more efficient way of doing it, but more cost effective as well. Good news all the way around.

[This message was edited by Admin on November 26, 2003 at 02:52 PM.]

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked with the printer today and was told that the printing would in fact be done Tuesday the 2nd and they would go into the mail on the 3rd. It is a great issue. DC

Posts: 32 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The magazine did in fact go into the mail on December 2, 2003. Let me know when you get it.DC

posted Hide Post
Great news on the magazine! Now I can look forward to receiving it and getting absolutely nothing else done until I've read it all! Seriously, they sure are hard to put down once you start reading.

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone get theirs yet? The suspense is killing me.

Posts: 95 | Location: Clarkston, WA | Registered: November 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen mine yet, and I live in Colorado so had expected it to hit my mail box before now. I did receive my FNAWS magazine, Wild Sheep, yesterday so that will hold me over until Grand Slam & OVIS arrive.

posted Hide Post
Rumor has it Ramdreamer that you have had a great fall of hunting.

posted Hide Post
Hi Ramslam,

Yes, for a guy that didn't have any sheep hunts planned at the middle of May this year, I've had a fantastic year. Actually two rams down in two hunts and one more to go. Leave for the last hunt on the 20th of this month. Could be a record three ram year for me if successful towards the end of this month. To say I've been blessed is a gross understatement.

posted Hide Post
Do you have a desert hunt later this month or an Asian hunt?

posted Hide Post
Desert. In Sonora, Mexico.

posted Hide Post
Will this be your slam ram?

posted Hide Post
No, not yet. It should have / could have been though. If successful, the Desert will put me at 3/4 of a Grand Slam (and 10/12 of an Ovis World Slam). I was unsuccessful on my Fannin hunt last year and am going back to the Yukon after a Fannin again in August 2004 (which of course would count as my Stone). I'm hoping that will give me a Grand Slam then.

posted Hide Post
Two things--

No GSO yet here in Mi 12/11/03 and the dates are all showing up on these posts as 11/20 or 21.

Posts: 37 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mi U.S. | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The date of the post is in blue font at the top, while the date at the bottom is the date the poster registered. I wish the registration date were less pronounced. I'll look into that...

Posts: 111 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve,
I haven't seen the magazine in my mailbox yet either. And it's only got to come across town to get to me. Maybe it's the holiday mail crush that's causing problems.

posted Hide Post
Admin-I see that now, sorry, don't know why it wasn't registering in my brain.

Ram Dreamer, I think I would volunteer to pick up my copy from the printer and save them the postage!

"The tougher the journey, the sweeter the reward"

Posts: 37 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mi U.S. | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! I got my copy in the mail today. I had not seen exactly what the wrapper would look like but it was perfect and protects the magazine much better than the old paper envelope. I always send one to myself to see how long it takes to get to me. I can judge by that as to how long it takes to get to other members.DC

posted Hide Post
I received my magazine yesterday,looks good as usual.I guess us folks north of 49 are going to be waiting a little longer for our magazines.

Posts: 3 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post