Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  GSCO Member Services    Possession Desert Bighorn Head in California?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possession Desert Bighorn Head in California?
 Login/Join 
posted
I have three desert bighorn mounts that were all taken in Arizona or Mexico. I have purchased a winter home in California, and want to bring all
of my sheep heads here from Wyoming. However, I have heard that it is unlawful in California to possess a desert bighorn head. Seems unlikely to me, because they allow some hunting. Anyone know what the law is? I thank you!

Posts: 7 | Location: Wyoming and California | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think if your sheep is plugged (done by fish & game) by the state in which it was taken, you should be OK. Call fish & game and ask them.

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Problem is that a couple of the heads weren't taken when plugging was done, or where it was done. I took one of the rams in Baja California forty years ago, and hate that I can't bring the head here (or so I've been told!).

Posts: 7 | Location: Wyoming and California | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post