Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  GSCO Member Services    Winter 2006 Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter 2006 Magazines
 Login/Join 
posted
To all Grand Slam Club / Ovis members -

The GRAND SLAM magazine is at the printer now and the GSC/O staff have been given the date of January 19th for it to actually go into the mail to the membership. That should put it to you members roughly the week of February 1st, or at least the week of February 6th, and hopefully for sure prior to Grand Slam Club / Ovis' 2006 Hunter & Outfitter convention in Memphis/Tunica. If you get really lucky some of you members may get it during the week of January 23rd.

You will notice that the above is specific to GRAND SLAM and not OVIS and not a combination of GRAND SLAM / OVIS.

For the first time in quite a long while, they are going to come out separately. Members will read an explaination in the magazine(s), but the bottom line of it is that Dennis Campbell could not get OVIS done before having knee surgery done on BOTH knees the week leading up to Christmas. Dennis even had to do the proofing on GRAND SLAM after the surgery. The production plan now is to get OVIS out around the middle of February (or maybe even the week before the GSC/O office staff has to leave for the convention. Figure on the worst-case scenario being that it does not happen until the GSC/O office staff are able to get back from the convention (middle of the month of February).

You read it here first - on the Grand Slam Club / Ovis Community Message Board.

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update -

I understand that GRAND SLAM was printed last Wednesday night and that it is now being wrapped and prepped for it's mailing to the membership. It is to physically go into the U.S. Mail on Tuesday (January 24th) or Wednesday (January 25th).

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news -

GRAND SLAM went in the mail to the membership today!

posted Hide Post
Thanks RamDreamer! I'm really looking forward to it, it's one of the reasons (along with members only raffle) I joined! I appreciate the update. Joe

Posts: 44 | Location: Leetonia, Ohio | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GRAND SLAM arrived in my mailbox this afternoon.

Keep in mind that I live in Colorado, near where the magazine is printed and put into the U.S. Mail system. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it's truly on the way to you (if you're a member that is).

posted Hide Post
Yeah! I got my magazine and yes RamDreamer that is one great breakdown for the state by state permit information. I like how you have all of the contact information listed and how it's organized. There is a ton of info packed in a short package, thank you, I'm sure this will help me toward drawing a sheep tag.
Okay, now tell me more about that FB-15 auction. Well not the auction so much as the raffle for the West Rainbow Creek tag raffle. How do I get in on that little puppy? I really (for some reason!) don't have a burning desire to hunt Dall Sheep. I'd prefer Big Horn, but, if I would happen to win a Stone Sheep hunt or Dall Sheep hunt I guess I would just have to learn to live with it! Right? And that tag for that area sounds very interesting! Thanks. Joe

Posts: 44 | Location: Leetonia, Ohio | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post