Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join 
posted
Zack,

I have a few photos on Webshots. How do I link one of them up for my Avatar?

Posts: 37 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mi U.S. | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Registered members can include one picture within his/her profile.

To include a picture, do the following:
1) Upload your photo to a web server and note the URL.
2) Log into the GSCO Community.
3) At the top, click on "My Space" and choose "Profile".
4) In the "Avatar/Picture URL" box, type the URL of your photo.
5) Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.

Your photo will now be visible to people when they look at your username profile.

Posts: 111 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I get a box with a little red "x" in it and it also says "picture of Steve Osminski", but no pic. The URL I have is:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/45672842/51020743ntroJI

Posts: 37 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mi U.S. | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,
I checked out your page. The URL you have is the web page URL, but you need the photo URL.

If you bring up the web page with a photo on it, put the mouse cursor over the photo, right click the mouse, choose properties, and then note the complete photo URL. You can highlight it and press "ctrl" and "c" at the same time (this is the Windows copy command). Pressing "ctrl" and "v" will paste the info you copied.

Here is the actual URL of your photo:
http://community.webshots.com/s/image2/2/7/43/51020743ntroJI_ph.jpg

If you use this URL it should work just fine.

Let us know if it works out.

Posts: 111 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You Zack. I was opening the picture and copying what was in the command bar. I learn something every day.

"The tougher the journey, the sweeter the reward"