Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Super Ten™    what hunts are you planning?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what hunts are you planning?
 Login/Join

posted
I have 3 hunts planned for this fall. Wyoming for Antelope & deer. Arizona for elk (I got lucky and drew a tag!). Kansas for Whitetail, I'll go every year as long as tags are plentiful. Never hunted antelope, looking forward to it. What hunts do you have planned?

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
End September Goose w/ The Capt in Saskatchewan
Mid October Mid Asian Ibex w/ The Capt’s Wife in Kyrgyzstan (Ovis Auction)
First November Musk Ox w/ Mom in Artic Circle
Mid January Wolf & Coyote w/ The Capt in Saskatchewan

Just have to find something for December?

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Antelope, mule deer in WY,
maybe a sheep somewhere if I can manage a tag,
Az or Montana would be nice, hunting the wild turkey for now.

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hunted Tiburon Island in Feb. (shot a 180 1/8" net B&C Desert Ram). Shot a Osceolla Gobbler and a 13'-4 Gator in Florida last month. Getting married and Honeymoon in July Smile then going to the Yukon in Sept to hunt Moose in the rut. Then to BC in December to run for cats with my cousin!

Posts: 16 | Location: Greencastle, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me here with all those great hunts coming up! :-) After going on a stone hunt last year and a dall the year before - I'm TAPPED...

I will however be going as an amateur cameraman on a Utah elk hunt, then it's all up in the air... For sure some deer and roosters here in Alberta, then mabye get out to chase bighorns, maybe find someone to chase a cat with.

But lookout next year! (ha ha)

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Headed to the Yukon in August with my 14 yr old son for a combo moose/caribou/goat hunt that I purchased in '09 at the GSC convention. Going to BC for Stone's sheep in Aug. '11. Might slip in a Columbia Blacktail deer hunt this Nov if I can get lucky in the auction Friday!

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Headed to new zealand on june 8-18
Then august 21-31 bighorn hunt
Then off to the bonnet plume for sheep,moose,grizzly, caribou.

Then in november its oregon for rooselvelt and blacktail.

And i drew a unit 1 late season elk tag in arizona, busy year but alot of fun.

Posts: 18 | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just hunted boar and turkey in northern California.

Stone/goat hunt with Stone Mountain in August/September

Namibia in November for Sable, Roan, Red lechwe, hippo, croc, buff, leopard, and whatever else I can find such as a big lion and elephant.

Spain in December with Giuseppe for SE and Ronda ibex.

If I cant go hunting, I want to talk about it or plan the next trip.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heading to BC with Stone Mountain for a three week moose, elk, grizzly combo the first week of September. Hunted there last year with my brother who took a 57 1/2" wide moose that scored 197 BC. I also took a elk and moose, one awesome place to hunt.

Posts: 2 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JCJR we may cross paths. We arrive around August 30th. Have you hunted sheep up there? Where the elk rutting at that time?

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dall sheep with my son and Archery Bull Moose/and griz.

Posts: 11 | Location: Jackson,WY | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was drawn for the Bighorn hunt with Dustin Roe! Thanks GSCO and Super Slam.
Will be hunting from Oct 16 thru Oct 26th. This will be my 3rd Bighorn hunt. Past ready to fill a tag. Will be whitetail hunting in Ar and Mo. July 2011 headed to New Zealand.

Posts: 5 | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichP:
JCJR we may cross paths. We arrive around August 30th. Have you hunted sheep up there? Where the elk rutting at that time?

Maybe so. No I have not hunted sheep with them yet but there is talk thatif they dont sale out on sheep tags I might buy one while there.
The elk started rutting towards the end of the week, but they were bugle mid week on. You will love it if you have not hunting with them. I have a excellant guide that i hunted with last year, that makes the hunt so much more enjoyable. Have fun.

Posts: 2 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post