Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

big rams
 Login/Join

posted
any news yet of big rams or just how are things going up north this year?

Posts: 44 | Location: spartansburg,pa | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen a couple of nice Stone's come out of B.C. so far.

All the folks I've heard from (and my own experience) are saying that it's been wet hunting in the Yukon, Northern B.C. and Alaska so far.

Here are the two Stone's I've seen: http://bighornsheep.infopop.cc/groupee_files/attachment...65251%2FIMG_0126.JPG (This is Tim Rushing from Colorado)

and

http://bighornsheep.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/282109932/m/5211091551 (This is Jim Miller from Colorado)

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RamDreamer, The site keeps making me login over and over again. Can you just post the pictures. Thanks, Tom

Posts: 4 | Location: Idaho | Registered: May 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess registration is required to see the actual postings on the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society website. You can do that by going to that website's forum section (http://bighornsheep.infopop.cc/eve/forums) and click on one of the topics. When it asks you if you have a "Groupee account" just click "I do not have a Groupee Account" and it will allow you to register quickly.

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here they are:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason,

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a 10 1/2 yr old I took on Aug 4th, 2006, as a BC resident. Weather was very pleasant up in the Kechika Range.

posted Hide Post
Holy Crap!!! That is a beautiful sheep my friend! Did you hunt by yourself or go guided? Want to give us some details on the hunt?
That country looks like it's a trophy itself! I wouldn't mind wandering around there as just viewing the wildlife. Speaking of which, what else did you see? Any bears, moose or elk? Want to adopt me so I can't hunt there also? Okay, maybe I would have to adopt you, would that make me a BC resident? Just kidding of course, but I sure would like to stomp around there for a while. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Joe

Posts: 44 | Location: Leetonia, Ohio | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, being a BC resident has its benefits. I was fortunate to connect with a decent California ram in 2004, and a Rocky Mtn. some years prior while an Alberta resident. These were all self guided backpack hunts. On this recent Stone's hunt, my partner and I were dropped off on a lake by floatplane, and hiked in two days from there into the ram country. We only ate one freeze dried meal, as he took a ram on the first day, providing open fire roasted steaks every night. We saw 7 griz, 15 goats, 12 moose, a few elk, and 100+ sheep. I shall cherish the memories forever. Non resident hunting for Stone's will run you about $25,000+, but if you are interested in fishing and hiking around this type of terrain, contact Northern Rockies Lodge. They will fly you into some fantastic areas and have pretty reasonable rates.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful Rams, Thanks for posting them. Smile

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Posts: 7 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my first Stone's sheep, taken this year.

It's the journey, not the destination.

Posts: 6 | Location: b.c. | Registered: December 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
brno375, Beautiful Ram! Congratulations...What part of BC did you kill him?

Hiker

Posts: 7 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Region 7, Prophet River.

Posts: 6 | Location: b.c. | Registered: December 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
brno375 Thanks. Is that a OTC tag for residents? or a draw?

Hiker

posted Hide Post
Hiker

Over the counter. There are a lot of places to go for Stone's in the GOS, but Region 7 has a 1 in 3 year rule, so this year I will be going to Region 6, which is on the west side of the Rocky Mountain Trench.