Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Stone's Sheep    Stone sheep hunt 2013-2014 ?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stone sheep hunt 2013-2014 ?????
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Guys.. Iam looking into booking a Stone sheep hunt and would like to hear what outfitters you guys used and alittle about your experiance.... I got to do a lot of home work before I drop this kind of cash on a hunt so hopefully the guys out there that have hunted stones recently can help me out finding a trust worthy outfitter.... Thanks 1manshow

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sheep hunts are done from spike camp locations.Tents are used for accommodation.Most of the hunts take place in Alaska and the Northwest Territories. For more information you can search on Google.

Posts: 1 | Location: U.S | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey 1manshow,

A stone sheep trip, is truly a great trip indeed... Not sure if you checked it out, but I asked that same question on this board about 3 years ago on a thread titled "Stone Sheep Outfitters - Who and Why?" There were a couple good names mentioned, and there are several other good ones out there.

I ended up going with Scoop Lake and a few pictures are also included on this forum in the thread "Stone Sheep trip with Scoop Lake". That hunt story was also printed in WSF mag & GSCO mag a couple years ago as well.

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
j - I hunted with Simpson Stone Sheep 2009 in BC. Frank and Cindy have a very successful operation. To the best of my knowledge they are 22 out of last 24 hunters. Give them a call and good luck!

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone... Looks like my hunting partner and I are leaning towards Stone Mountain Safaris.. We've got a bunch of GREAT reviews on their operation... 1manshow

posted Hide Post
I hunted with Stone Mountain in 10. Leif is a great guy, area is full of sheep. If there was an outfitter who could almost guarantee a stone as long as you were willing to do the work it would be Leif and Stone Mountain. Dale Drinkall next door is in the same boat. I hunted with Terry Stone and he is a Stone sheep guru!

If you were after a book ram, there are a couple of other guys I could think of that have been taking some amazing sheep the last couple of years.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trip is booked with Stone Mountain for August 2014.... Thanks everyone for your input.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on booking your trip. We look forward to the pictures! Smile

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Stone Mountain once and Drinkalls three times. Awsome part of the world. Be in shape. You owe it to yourself. It can be easy or really tough. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Posts: 44 | Location: spartansburg,pa | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post