Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Stone's Sheep    Five Stone Reviews
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Five Stone Reviews
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Guys,

I have been starting the long process of reviewing outfitters for the third leg - a stone.

Just wondering if anyone has any reviews on Five Stone Outfitting or the lead man Craig Kiselbach?

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Craig guided me with Arctic Red River Outfitters in 2003 to a dall sheep. I found him to be very personable and knows sheep hunting. He has guided in many top outfits over the years and I am happy to see he is now outfitting himself. If I were to go stone hunting again I would surley consider Craig. I hope this helps. Have Fun.

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great review Yankee, thanks. He has a pretty impressive list of outfits that he's worked for, so it's good to hear your report.

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomahawk. Did you end up hunting with Five Stone Outfitting for sheep? How did it turn out? I'm thinking about hunting with them.

Posts: 4 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I didn't end up going with Craig so I can't really help you out there. I did however get a good vibe from him, and have only heard positive comments about the outfit. Good luck!

posted Hide Post
I looked at your pictures and it looks like you got a great ram with Scoop Lake! Did you go on the backpack option for this hunt? What did you think about Scoop Lake? Everyone I've talked to seems to think they are great. I am in real good shape and hike/backpack regularly (37 years old) - Would success be high and did you see a lot of rams? Any info you could give would be helpful in my decision.

Posts: 4 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark, I did get a very nice ram with Scoop Lake. It was a full on backpack hunt, where we packed in over 20 miles, and the best part was that we got to add a sheep to the load for the trip out. I would be happy to share the detials with you if you fire me off an email to burtzz@telus.net. I don't really want to post all the details, because if I ever get my act together - hopefully it will end up in the magazine for EVERYBODY to read! Wink

posted Hide Post
Tomahawk, you don't have to tell us the whole story. But a few of the highlights would be nice! Congrats on your beautiful ram!

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post