The Montana "2008 Moose, Sheep & Goat Regulations" are now available to view, print and/or download (either in whole or in part) at: http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/regulations.html
Season dates are September 15th to November 30th.
Application deadline is Thursday, May 1st.
If you want to apply on-line, you may do so starting March 24, 2008 at: https://app.mt.gov/Als/Index
• Resident and nonresident hunters can buy an unlimited number of $5 chances to win a Montana hunting license for antelope, bighorn sheep, bison, deer, elk, moose, mountain goat and mountain lion.
• An individual may be successful in winning one or a combination of these SuperTags per year.
• Each SuperTag license allows one to hunt in any Montana hunting district valid for that species.
• Moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat 7-year waiting period does not apply to SuperTags.
• Chances are sold electronically at all Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks License Providers or via the Internet.
• Proceeds from the sale of SuperTag chances will enhance public hunting access and boost FWP enforcement efforts.
• For more information visit FWP’s website at fwp.mt.gov
• SuperTag Chances are $5 each
• Species - Deadline to Purchase
Bighorn Sheep -July 3
Moose - July 3
Mountain Goat -July 3
Antelope - July 31
Bison - July 31
Deer - July 31
Elk - July 31
Mountain Lion - July 31This message has been edited. Last edited by: RamDreamer,
Montana's 2008 Moose, Sheep & Goat draw results are now available on-line. You may check your draw results at: http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licensedraw/results.aspx
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks on Wednesday afternoon announced that three Montanans are winners of the SuperTag lottery for moose, sheep and goat tags.
The three winners are:
Mountain goat: ArIon Franz, Sidney;
Moose: Glen Majors, Manhattan; and
Bighorn sheep: Shawn Hall, Boulder.
While resident and nonresident hunters could buy an unlimited number of $5 chances to win any Montana SuperTag hunting license, Franz purchased 50 chances, Hall purchased five and Majors bought two.
Combined, the odds of winning a moose, bighorn sheep, or mountain goat SuperTag are about one in 15,000, FWP said.
Chances for the next SuperTag drawing for deer, elk, bison, antelope and mountain lion are available through July 31.
See also: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...07170311/1002/news01
... SuperTag chances for the bighorn sheep license were again the most popular among hunters, with 22,429 chances sold. Hunters purchased 11,222 chances for a moose SuperTag and 6,393 chances for a mountain goat SuperTag. Montana residents purchased a total of 20,598 chances, while nonresidents bought 19,443 chances.
Sales revenue from all three drawings will provide more than $200,000 to enhance public hunting access and boost FWP enforcement efforts.
|Powered by Social Strata|