Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Goats & Capra    Gobi Ibex Mongolia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gobi Ibex Mongolia
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
would anyone be able to provide me with some info or recommend a reliable outfitter that they have had experience with for Gobi-Ibex. Two friends and I, all from South Africa, are planning a trip to Mongolia in June 2010, trying to time it with the Nadam Festival, and wish to hunt the Gobi area for Ibex at the same time.
Thanks
Philipp Schulz

Posts: 1 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Philipp,

Go with the best and one you will not regret. I and other friends have taken both the Gobi and Altai Ibex in Mongolia with Bob Patton's Asian Expeditions. Well organized, good people, great area's and at a fare price. Check them out.

Posts: 5 | Location: Alabama Gulf Coast | Registered: September 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mongolia with Bob Patton's Asian Expeditions. Well organized, good people, great area's and at a fare price

Hello Philipp,

CAprine Safaris Turkey is what i can recomend you . they are great in Feild as well as in hospality and services

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Mongoia twice for Altai and Gobi ibex, and once for Mid-asian wapiti. Safari outfitters and Mongol Safaris for the Altai ibex, my partner and I each shot our ibex the first day. The second hunt for Gobi ibex was in Sept 2009 with Mongolei Reisen and Juulchin World Tours. Shot my 10 1/2 year old ibex the frist day. Mongolia is my favorite country to hunt, you will go back again.
I now have six species of ibex, two in Spain,one in Turkey, one in Kazakhstan and two
in Mongolia, love hunting them.

Ibexman

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post