Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IBEX
 Login/Join

posted
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION ON HUNTING IBEX, SUCH AS TACTICS,TECHNIQUES,OR OTHER INFO ON GETTING CLOSE TO THESE FINE SPECIES. I DREWA TAG TO HUNT IBEX ON THE FLORIDA MNTS IN NEW MEXICO IN JAN. AND I DONT EXPECT ANYONE TO HAVE HUNTED THERE WITH A BOW BUT MAYBE SO OR EVEN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD PLEASE HELP THANKS ISAAC

Posts: 5 | Location: TAOS, NEW MEXICO | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hunted ibex on the floridas last bow season and have also drawn out. make sure you get at least a 30x spotting scope cause these ibex are tiny and very far up the sides of the cliff face. i liked hunting on the south side. there are more goats there and also much better lines to come down on top of them.

Posts: 11 | Location: South Central New Mexico | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with numerous outfitters this year about hunting Ibex in the Florida Mountains and here is what I got from them.They told me not to even think about hunting them with a bow that it was next to impossible.Now I am not trying to be negative just passing along what they gave me.I would love to be a resident and have the opportunity to give it a try.It would be a great accomplishment to harvest an Ibex with a bow.From all I can research they are extremely tough to hunt with a bow even in Asia.And believe it or not the exotic ranches in Texas that have Ibex do not recommed even trying to hunt them with archery equipment and these are probably the most confined Ibex in existance.Sounds like a tough challange but thats bow hunting.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post