Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Goats & Capra    Siberian Ibex and Altai Maral
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siberian Ibex and Altai Maral
 Login/Join

posted
Just back from Siberia. Had a fantastic hunt for Siberian Ibex and Altai Maral. Here's the result.

A great 12,5 year old ram with 101,5 cm horns:

A small (mediocre for this area) Maral:

Posts: 6 | Registered: August 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! You did well.

Where did the hunt take place, if you do not mind saying? (I realize you said Siberia in your post, but that covers a rather large area.)

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice altai or siberian ibex. I also hunted in Mongolia in 1988 with nine other hunters from the state of Oregon. We harvested eighteen marals in five days of hunting, a number 5 and a number 10 in SCI. Also hunted Kazakhstan in
Sept. of 99 for Tian Shan Wapiti and mid-asian ibex. Harvested a 7X7 that scored 379 1/8 #3 in
SCI. My brother shot one in the top ten also. Two others if scored would make the top ten also.
We hunted in the Tien Shan Mountains about five kiometers from the China border. The biggest elk in Asia are located in Kazakhstan.

Ibexman

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibexman:
Nice altai or siberian ibex. I also hunted in Mongolia in 1988 with nine other hunters from the state of Oregon. We harvested eighteen marals in five days of hunting, a number 5 and a number 10 in SCI. Also hunted Kazakhstan in
Sept. of 99 for Tian Shan Wapiti and mid-asian ibex. Harvested a 7X7 that scored 379 1/8 #3 in
SCI. My brother shot one in the top ten also. Two others if scored would make the top ten also.
We hunted in the Tien Shan Mountains about five kiometers from the China border. The biggest elk in Asia are located in Kazakhstan.

Ibexman

Yes, you are certainly right.
But this year we have received new territories for hunting in national park.
Very much we hope for successful hunting in the autumn.

Posts: 45 | Location: Germany/Kazakhstan | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RamDreamer:
Congratulations! You did well.

Where did the hunt take place, if you do not mind saying? (I realize you said Siberia in your post, but that covers a rather large area.)

Sorry for my late reply.
We hunted the Sayan Mts. We travelled by boat some 180 km along the Jenisey river from the town of Abakan. Great scenery!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the other input, btw.
I was recently told that this is area is between the distribution of maral and isubra, so my stag might have been a hybrid..