Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Goats & Capra    Tur and chamois 2010 Caucasus Mt.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tur and chamois 2010 Caucasus Mt.
 Login/Join

posted
Family priorities take precedence this year for me. I booked the above and made the down payment. Dates into Moscow on or about August 25 and fly out of Moscow about Sept. 4. Delta has a nonstop out of JFK at just under $1000. Cost $5900 tur + $2800 chamois. Nonrefundable Chamois $500 permit is part of the $2800 cost. Pay rest of chamois fee if take/wound animal. I have a $2300 deposit in the pot. Putting it over to next year might not work for me personally. If anyone is interested in going this year, I am very negotiable about the deposit. I am interested in getting something back but I am also interested in finding someone who would like to save some money and do this hunt. I'd hate to see my deposit go for naught.

OREGONCARL@AOL.COM

Posts: 100 | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy from Georgia. Who are you booked with? Can the dates be changed. Is this for Kuban (Western)Tur?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is a Dagestan Tur or Mid.
The Kuban Tur will be cost 10K.
Kuban-Tur you can hunt only in Karatchaevo-Therkessien.

Regards

Posts: 45 | Location: Germany/Kazakhstan | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hunt is booked through Profi Hunt. It is for a Dagestan Tur in the Osetiya region of Russia. A chamois can also be taken on a trophy fee basis.
I am the other hunter that was booked with Carl. Yes, I'm still going and would live to have someone to travel and hunt with. I've hunted with Profi befor and had a great time and I dont expect anything different on this hunt.
If you want to any more info please feel free to contact me.
starbaileyranch@aol.com
360 584-2752
Thanks,
Bryan

Posts: 34 | Location: onalaska, washington | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone wanting more information about tur/chamois in North Ossetia this August-September, I am the one asking if anyone might like to do the hunt this year. I have not totally canceled out as I have asked Profi-Hunt about doing the hunt next year. And who knows but what my wife might change her mind and let me do it this year if no replacement appears on the horizon.
Specifics as follows: Profi-Hunt; North Ossetia; responsible for air fare to North Ossetia; arrive Moscow Aug. 25 and on to North ossetia the enxt day; depart Moscow Sept. 3 or 4; Eastern/Dagestan tur 5 days $5900; Caucasian chamois, 3 days, $500 tag plus $2300 trophy fee on kill/wound. I have paid $2300 on total. I would like to get as much back as possible. I am willing to tie 50% to each animal payable upon wounding or killing at $230 per month beginning Octo. 1, 2010. In other words, $230 per month for five months if kill/wound tur or chamois or payable $230 per month for 10 months if kill and/or wound both animals. Which leaves the amount of $0 payable for 0 months if no animals are killed or wounded.

Try OREGONCARL@AOL.COM to communicate with the horse's mouth. Whoops. Some people say you will be communicating with the other end of the horse.

Posts: 100 | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post