Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Desert Bighorn Sheep    Utah Desert sheep hunt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah Desert sheep hunt
 Login/Join

posted
While searching for info I came across this forum.I was in SLC for the Hunting Expo in Febraury and happened to draw the non resident Desert Sheep tag on the Dirty Devil unit in UTAH. I was shocked a Desert sheep is the one I have always dreamed about. ( It will be my first sheep hunt). I have been contacted by some really great Outfitters offering their services. The way things have been shaping up I don't think I can swing their fees ( though I beleive they are worth every penny they charge). I have been in contact with the Biologist and have some really good info to start with. Living in Montana I am only about 11 hours from the unit. So I am planning one trip in the end of april and hopefully another in the end of summer. If anyone here has any info on the unit I would love to talk with you. Thanks guys

Posts: 1 | Location: Montana | Registered: March 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the good luck. I live about 2 hours from the unit and have spent a little time in that area. You have drawn a tag in a very tough unit, as many of the bigger rams of the past few years have come from 15-20 miles back in. Email me if you want, wacey@clarkeandcoinc.com, I am very interested in your predicament...

Posts: 1 | Location: Grand Junction, CO | Registered: March 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post