Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Desert Bighorn Sheep    Colorado's 2010 NR Desert Tag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado's 2010 NR Desert Tag
 Login/Join

posted
I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at the number of non-residents that applied for the Desert Bighorn tag this year.

This is the first year it has ever been available, so maybe many just did not know about it. It was certainly on par with California as being the cheapest Desert tag around.

Only 455 people applied for the tag. http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hu.../BigGame/Statistics/

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone out there know who drew the colorado desert sheep tag ?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 in 455. Not the best odds but still it was another chance for a desert tag. Mybe they didnt want to drop out of the rocky draw they had been building points in?
Bryan

Posts: 34 | Location: onalaska, washington | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you're right, Bryan. At least that what's been hearing through the grapevine. Especially folks with maximum weighted points not being able to justify leaving the Rocky pool for the chance of a lightening strike of luck in the Desert draw.

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post