Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Desert Bighorn Sheep    Importing Sheep from Mexico
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importing Sheep from Mexico
 Login/Join

posted
Good Day, Gentlemen

I am currently looking at booking a Desert sheep hunt in good ole Mexico. I have been talking to some taxidermist friends, and they have told me some stories of the hard times some of their clients had bringing skins and horns into the states. Have any of you guy's who have been in Mexico hunting experienced this? Thanks in advance, TP

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom: I´m an outfitter in Mexico and I´ve never had a problem exporting sheep capes and or horns into the States, if all paperwork is in order you should not have any problems. feel free to visit our website www.desert-hunt.com you might find useful information.

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also just shot a ram here three weeks ago in la paz and am going to see what its like to get it back here right away, so once i do i can let you know how mine went. they say its not bad but i also have heard some stories, and mine is coming to alberta.

Posts: 18 | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunslinger, thanks for your input. Kind of funny, i'm up in Alberta to now. Any reason why you did not bring your horns and skin back with you??

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we were in sheep camp and they have to go to mexico city to get all the export permits, so they do that at the end of the season there,

I shot a great ram with george artee of alcampo , heres a picture

Posts: 18 | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys- I hunted with Braulio from Desert Hunt this past Feb. We shot 3 - 180ish rams and the capes and horns were back in the USA within one month from our hunt. Maybe Braulio could hook you up with the guy we used to export them to the USA. (Chiquito Boss)

Posts: 16 | Location: Greencastle, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom

i´m an outfitter in Mexico, and there is no problem at all to export the rams, all our clients take their rams (horns and cape) with them, with their cites and all the paperwork.

If you need any info please let me know or send me an email desertbighornexpeditions@gmail.com or canalesmario@gmail.com

Posts: 1 | Location: MEXICO CITY | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom:
I´m an outfitter in Mexico and I´ve never had a problem exporting sheep capes and or horns into the States, if all paperwork is in order(cites,tag) you should not have any problems. Most our clients take their rams (horns and cape)or we deliver to their home, If you need any info please let me know or send me an email apavlovich@hotmail.com or trophiesonly_adventures.com
This Past season we kill 190,182,180,170,168,166,166,165 and we have 12 desert sheep tags for this coming season [/CODE]

Posts: 17 | Location: Sonora Mexico | Registered: August 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post