Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Desert Bighorn Sheep    80 Year Old Colo Desert Sheep Hunter Needs Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

80 Year Old Colo Desert Sheep Hunter Needs Help
 Login/Join

posted
Fellow sheep hunters. If you went to the Grand Slam show you saw 80 year old Tom Pinello of Colorado Springs, CO. win the Desert sheep hunt with Javier Artee and Alcampo at the Raffle Rama. Tom's son Dave has taken him to all 6 Grand Slam conventions trying to get his dad a Desert to complete his Grand Slam. Tom killed his first ram in 1966 I think and only needs the Desert. Tom and Dave Pinello are not wealthy people. In fact I think Dave's work situation is pretty slow. The hunt is going to cost them several thousand dollars for gun permit, hunt permit, CITES permit, tips for the Alcampo crew, airline tix, hotel rooms before and after the hunt etc. Dave and his family are struggling to buy his dad's plane tix and pay for his license fees. Some of us at RMBS are contributing to the Tom Pinello hunt fund to help Dave and Tom go to Mexico in March I believe. If you would like to contribute you can send whatever you can afford to Tom Pinello, 2367 E. Woodman Rd., Colorado Springs, CO. 80920. We are trying to raise enough money to get both Dave and Tom to Mexico. We have about $1000 in donations so far and need another $6000 or so. It's the right thing to do. Thanks

Posts: 17 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing this terry,
I'm honored to contribute and Tom Pinello is certainly deserving of this great opportunity. I hope many can find their way to contribute.
Dan Larkin

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the top. Dave and Tom are leaving March 15. I'm sure they can still use some help if anyone hasn't seen this. Thanks

Posts: 17 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post