Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
What would you good sheep hunters think of me If I decided to hunt for Desert sheep inside a high fence? Please be honest.

Posts: 13 | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just be sure you realize it will not count towards a Grand Slam.

Posts: 1168 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that I qualify as "good", but I can give you my 2 cents worth anyway...

IMHO, it just ain't right.

From your prior posts, it appears that you have probably taken a few sheep. When that high fence desert is up on the wall - would you look at it the same way you look at the others that were taken by fair chase???

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is why I asked, guys. I own a high fence operation and would never think of shooting there. Just the price I was quoted seemed to good to be true. Any thoughts as to who is the best outfitter down south for Desert sheep?

posted Hide Post
I view wildsheep in such high esteem that in my view it is an insult to them to have them in high fences and hunted. Protection, conservation and preservation sometimes warrants high fence but not hunting. I don't view wildsheep the same as deer, elk etc although I wouuld not hunt anything in a high fence.

Posts: 12 | Registered: September 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ka3achmah, i had a great hunt with Trophies only (Hector Pavlovich) last year got a great ram, they are really good and reputable. everyone i asked about them gave them great recommendations. i'm going back this year. he has all the legal tags on the Seri mainland and had 3 tiburon seri tags also this year. i would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just hunted with Hector 2 weeks ago. got a great ram #165 ,they were great to hunt with.

Posts: 7 | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hunted my desert with Martin Leon, excellent hunt, ranch and ranchhouse. Everyone I know who has hunted with him is very pleased and I believe he is 100% successful on free range rams.

Posts: 12 | Registered: September 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the input. I have addressed letters to all outfitters you have mentioned as well as a few others. I just cant get over the prices, where o where is our beloved sport going??

posted Hide Post
Hello Boys Who wants a big desert for tiburon? or mainland o sirra pinta near to rocky point Cool

Posts: 17 | Location: Sonora Mexico | Registered: August 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do i now you?
quote:
Originally posted by shphtr59:
ka3achmah, i had a great hunt with Trophies only (Hector Pavlovich) last year got a great ram, they are really good and reputable. everyone i asked about them gave them great recommendations. i'm going back this year. he has all the legal tags on the Seri mainland and had 3 tiburon seri tags also this year. i would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Posts: 17 | Location: Sonora Mexico | Registered: August 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post