Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Desert Bighorn Sheep    Members Only Raffle Hunt with Jorge Artee of Alcampo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members Only Raffle Hunt with Jorge Artee of Alcampo
 Login/Join

posted
Just got back from Mexico last night. Had a great hunt with George Artee of Alcampo. Shot a very nice broomed 11 year old ram, 33x15, low 160s on the fifth day. George is a great guy and a lot of fun to hunt with. This is a very difficult hunt. Very steep mountains, hot, and always hunting from the top down like hunting in the Grand Canyon with the Hualapai Indians. Lots of sheep but they are always on benches below you which can lead to some interesting stalks. Some you cannot get to you have to wait for them to move. Had to go out on a bench 15 yards wide to a point we could see into an interior canyon from. This took about an hour as there were sheer cliffs above and below us. One of the hairiest things I've ever done. Great ram though and great hunt. Thanks, Dennis and Seth, for the opportunity to go on this hunt. I would recommend it to anyone who really likes to hunt sheep. It is not an easy hunt. The San Javier ejida, who are the locals you hunt with, are very nice guys and also very tough. Always glassing. This was an opportunity that I probably would have never had without the raffle hunt. Thanks Again.

Posts: 17 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post