I have a hunt booked in Russia for Tur. With all the press from SCI regarding the uncertainty of the hunting situation, I was wondering if anyone has a good grasp as to what will happen with the fall season?
Russia Hunting, Fall 2005
The latest information we have received is that there is a possibility hunting will not open in Russia until October 1 and of course possibilty even after that date.
HOWEVER, most Russian operators are holding off until mid- to late-July hoping that it will happen earlier. Right now all people should be in a wait and see mode. Nothing is certain.
FYI - I received the below in a blast e-mail late yesterday from Safari Outfitters...:
Good news from Russia
Our corporate vice president, Sergei Kondratov, and other key players in Moscow have been working tirelessly on the bureaucratic quagmire in Moscow that closed the spring bear hunting season in most areas.
The spring bear-hunting season was a disaster and it looked like the fall hunting season was also in jeopardy. Now, the news is more positive and we thought you'd like to know the latest.
The Russian Ministry of Agriculture has issued a statement indicating that,
"At present, all necessary measures are being taken to do the ecological evaluation and set the game quota in order to avoid a disruption of the fall-winter hunting season in the Russian Federation"
The Ministry of the Environment is also doing their assessment, which is expected by July 1. So, things are moving and we expect the fall hunting season will open as usual August 1.
As always, if you would like the latest, most accurate information in the hunting world, rely on our staff of professionals.
What's the status of your trip/hunt(s) for the Turs?
I have postponed my trip indefinitely. Just don't feel quite comfortable with the current situation. I will talk to Vladimir at the upcoming convention and feel him out. A good friend of mine is still planning on going at the end of the month. Vladimir assures him that everything is going to be fine by the time he gets there, however I am not quite a risk taker as he. I guess he will be my "guinea pig"
Thanks for the update. I'm with you, better safe than sorry. If I recall correctly, you had the Tur hunts planned back to back to back. So if the first one didn't go right it would have been a domino effect. Hopefully things over there will stablize again and you can pull it off without a hitch in the future. I've only hunted the Eastern so want a crack at the others myself.
|Powered by Social Strata|