Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Dall Sheep    My Alaska Big Game Safaris Dall Ram
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Alaska Big Game Safaris Dall Ram
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to thank Todd Walton for giving me a great hunt in the glacier country of Alaska. All three hunters had rams by day five of the hunt with mine being the last. I saw over 35 rams, with 12-15 being legal, befor I decided to kill mine. He was only 7 years old but had good mass and length (39.5x38) Todd and his partner Mark Hill did an all around great job.
I highly recommend Todd and his Alaska Big Game Safaris to anyone looking for a successful dall sheep hunt.
I'll try to get some pictures up now.
Bryan

Posts: 34 | Location: onalaska, washington | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll have to look in the "general talk" page to see the pictures.
Thanks,
Bryan

Posts: 34 | Location: onalaska, washington | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bryan, does Todd hunt in the Northern end of the Wrangells?

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. We hunted the Alaskan range.

posted Hide Post
Another outfitter to talk with is Dan Montgomery. Dan put me with Todd in 2004 in the southern end of the Wrangells. I got a 9-10 year old 40 1/8 x 39 7/8 ram ... dubbed him Handsome Stranger. Todd was my guide. Had an outstanding hunt. Todd has worked with and learned from Dan. Either one of them and you have a great hunt on the horizon. Dan had taken Dall rams from all of the Dall populated mountain ranges of Alaska.

Posts: 100 | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, haven't been to Alaska yet but it seems to be worth a trip. I'll take a look at the pictures in the forum but this sounds all very promising. It's also cool to know that there are guys out there that have lot of experience and good reputation.

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the issue of outfitters in Alaska, I'd like to hear from those who have hunted the Brooks Range. When did you go, who did you go with, etc. etc. Any and all feedback from your experiences will be much appreciated.

OREGONCARL@AOL.COM

Posts: 100 | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post