Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Dall Sheep    Seeking advise on Dall Sheep hunting.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking advise on Dall Sheep hunting.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I've become interested in sheep hunting and would like to learn more about hunting Dall Sheep. I'm also interested in giude or outfitter recommendations, under $9k please. What a typical day of sheep hunting would be like. LETS talk sheep!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I see you must shoot a 6.5 x 55? The 6.5 is a great gun. I shoot a 6.5-06. Very flat and no recoil. Regarding Dall sheep hunts under $9,000, that is very doable, but you'll need to go on a backpack hunt in AK. These are hunts for fit hunters. I know several outfitters there with hunts under $8,000. The hunts in the NWT are $10-14,000. Yukon is generally over $9,000 also. You can email me at bkmartin@telus.net.
Bryan

Posts: 2 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post