Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Dall Sheep    Alaska Brooks Range Sheep hunt.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Brooks Range Sheep hunt.....
 Login/Join

posted
I am wondering what poeple think of Sheep hunting in the Brooks Range. I am looking to book a hunt with an outfitter their.This will be my first time sheep hunting. I have tried to contact Alaska fish and game but always get a voice mail and have yet to get a call back. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deadbear4-
I took my Dall in the Brook's 20 years ago. I'm sure the mountains are still there! The mountains are not as steep and rugged as sheep mountains go, but still very challenging. Good rams are taken there. If you are still looking for an outfitter, check out my web-sight & drop me a note if you want to chat.
www.Venture-Quest.net

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am flying in there to hunt this year to my secret spot on opening day, hopefully to find that potential world record I keep hearing about....AK Hunter

Posts: 11 | Location: Jackson,WY | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the mountain ranges in AK have good genetic potential. Horn characteristics vary, but big rams have been taken from each range. Some areas the rams have a much harder time reaching an age where they reach their potential (well, almost all for one reason or the other). I have a feeling with the increasing fuel costs, the Brooks hunts will become more expensive than an Alaska, Wrangell, or Chugach hunt.

Posts: 21 | Location: Alaska | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I'm still going!

Posts: 11 | Location: Jackson,WY | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post