Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  GSCO Slam Quest Convention    English/Russian/Farsi/Spanish Translation Guide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

English/Russian/Farsi/Spanish Translation Guide
 Login/Join

posted
Hey ya'll, I placed a link to the translation PDF in the GSCO information page. http://www.wildsheep.org/info
This should help bridge the language gap between all of the peoples attending the convention.

-JohnO

Posts: 111 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to get your report, Roman.
While in Rome, we might as well do as the Romans do, because he sent an additional report in November 2004:
I just returned from Tajikistan and a hunt for Afghan urial. A photo and hunt report are enclosed. This is my sheep #11. I took with me the list of English & Russian words you published in OVIS about five years ago, and added a translation in Farsi. This language is used and understood in Tajikistan, much of Uzbekistan, Iran and much of Pakistan. If you think our fellow hunters could use it, feel free to publish the list.
Roman DeVille (GA) took this Afghan urial in Tajikistan, November 2004. He booked with Bob Kern and the Hunting Consortium.
Good for you, Roman! Now you need only a desert sheep to complete your Grand Slam, Ovis World Slam, and Triple Slam all at the same time. Will he do it, ladies and gentlemen? Maybe he will win one of the 3/4 Slam drawings in Biloxi! As for the English/Russia/Tajikistan word translations, I believe we will put those on our web site, www.wildsheep.org. Look for them there!

quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Hey ya'll, I placed a link to the translation PDF in the GSCO information page. We added Spanish to this updated version.
http://www.wildsheep.org/info
This should help bridge the language gap between all of the peoples attending the convention.

-JohnO

Posts: 111 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody downloaded this translation guide?? I just wanna make sure that it is correct. Im pretty sure english amd spanish are correct. JohnO

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post