Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Super Slam™    Introducing the Super Slam of North American Big Game!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introducing the Super Slam of North American Big Game!
 Login/Join

posted
Grand Slam Club/Ovis recognizes some of the most important milestones in the hunting world. We initially began as the Grand Slam Club, and documented and registered the Grand Slam of North American Wild Sheep. To date, we have registered more than 1500 Grand Slams.

In early 1998, we introduced and began registering Ovis World Slams of the world's wild sheep. A hunter had to have taken 12 different sheep to reach this milestone. This was followed in early 2001 by the Capra World Slam, which of course was 12 of the world's wild goats. When a hunter has taken all three of these Slams, we recognize him or her as a Triple Slammer. To date, there are just over 100 people on the Triple Slam list.

To our knowledge, there are far fewer than 100 to have taken all 29 of the recognized North American big game trophies for the Super Slam. GSCO is currently accepting documentation from any and all who have reached this amazing lifetime achievement.

It is necessary to be a member of GSCO to document a Super Slam. We readily accept photos and reports of trophies leading to one's hope of eventually completing the Super Slam in a lifetime. Even if that milestone is never accomplished, just the goal of pursuing it is worthy of recognition. We will be printing all photos and reports in future issues of the SUPER SLAM publication.

Oh yes, to have completed a Super Slam, one has to have completed a Super Ten. Please see our web site, www.superslam.org, for full details on the Super Slam, Super Ten and our new GSCO Members-Only Super Slam Raffle.

Posts: 32 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept on tracking the hunters that completed the slam. I'll be watching for more info.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Super Slam publication went out to 45,000 people a little over two weeks ago. I just got mine in the mail Saturday October 10th. I hope that most of you members have gotten yours by now. We will be sending another in about two more weeks to GSCO members. It will be stuffed in with the Grand Slam/Ovis publications.

Remember that you can read it online at www.superslam.org

Posts: 32 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My name is pat garrett here from alberta and im super excited that you guys started the super slam, basically the only place i was documenting mine was with sci, but being at the grand slam show and purchasing alot of stuff there it is awsome you guys did this.
Currently i am at 19 animals with 5 more booked for this year so hopefully i can complete the superslam by the time i am 36 years old.
And as far as i can find i have a very good chance at being the youngest person to complete it, please correect us if were wrong.

Posts: 18 | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it was a great year of hunting for me, i went on lots of hunts this year and was successful in harvesting my yukon moose, woodland caribou, roosevelt elk, columbian blacktail deer so now im sitting at 23 animals.. see ya all at the show .

Heres a great bull elk i shot also, hes 370

Posts: 18 | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question: Do the animals harvested need to meet trophy requirements? I figure that would be preferred but is it an actual requirement to achieve a 10 Slam or Super Slam? Also, is there a public or open database that lists the individuals who have achieved each slam and how (ie rifle, archery, slingshot)? Thanks guys!

Posts: 1 | Location: Missoula, Montana | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Stoney,
Sorry for the slow info, this forum isn't moderated well. There are no trophy score minimums required to submit animals toward any of the slams. The list(s) of those who have completed any of our recognized slams is periodically published in the Slam Quest magazine. Here is a link for submitting your trophies online submit trophy entries to GSCO

quote:
Originally posted by Stoney:
Question: Do the animals harvested need to meet trophy requirements? I figure that would be preferred but is it an actual requirement to achieve a 10 Slam or Super Slam? Also, is there a public or open database that lists the individuals who have achieved each slam and how (ie rifle, archery, slingshot)? Thanks guys!

Posts: 111 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post