Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Super Slam™    Anyone out there draw a sheep tag this year?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone out there draw a sheep tag this year?
 Login/Join

posted
You guys draw any sheep tags this season. I think the only state left is AZ...

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well... I didn't draw a tag, but I did book a cancellation dall sheep hunt last week.

I swore all year long that I wasn't going to book a guided hunt this fall, but the closer it got to fall, the weaker I became... :-)

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomahawk, good for you! NWT or Alaska?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Huntinman,

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to the Yukon with Dan Reynolds, and REALLY looking forward to it!

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drew a mountain goat tag in Montana. Does that count Smile
Yes, AZ is the only regular draw left but there are a lot of supertags left. I am in the draw for Montana, AZ, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Sometimes the supertag odds are better than the straight draw odd, especially for desert bighorns.

Posts: 11 | Registered: June 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the Texas desert bighorn draw in November.

posted Hide Post
congrats on your goat tag ironmike! Hope you have a great hunt! Out of curiosity...how may points did you have for goat prior to the drawing?

posted Hide Post
I went in with 3 pts. I applied in 313, which gives out an insane number of tags and also had a goat round up for restocking another range.
Still, the odds were only about 3%. It is hard to draw a limited entry tag anywhere. I'm still hoping for the AZ desert bighorn or better yet the Tx one. I'm doing a solo backpack hunt. I've scheduled 14 days but I understand that most folks only take on average 4 days. I will pick up a bear tag and see if wolf tags are available for that unit as well.

posted Hide Post
Just found out I drew an Arizona desert bighorn tag,Max points,but still a long shot.Now, how to approach it?I live in Tucson,no shortage of friends with opinions.We will see.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post