Grand Slam Club/Ovis    Interactive Home    Community Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  General Talk    Oregoncarl and tidbit, where are you?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregoncarl and tidbit, where are you?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys, tell me an old hunting story or something. You have to have something way back in the cobwebs! Or, in the words of a departed dear friend, "Make something up!"

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huntinman,

Tidbit here: how about a current story from this year?

Did the Wyoming Montana two state hunt for Mule deer. I booked this hunt with one of Wyoming's finest (don't know that I can give ya the name here--but if you interested just PM me). Arrived in Newcastle Wyoming and got settled in. Hunting always seems to start with a short ride and then the climbing begins. We hiked up to around 5200 feet---that is the mile high club for the non climbers. Got to look over a lot of country and seen many deer over the first three days. My hunting partner was after a big whitetail and I was lookin for that mule deer. We got skunked for three days.

Off to Montana; drove 5 hours to get to Miles City and started hunting that afternoon. Luck was with us here and my partner Nick harvested a nice mulie that afternoon. One quick shot at 163 yards and the buck collapsed. Collected my deer that next morning and that was that: two deer in less than 24 hours. Good hunting with a good guide. No high scorers here but nice deer. Back to Newcastle to finish off the hunt. Got real luckey here and got that big whitetail for Nick.

A highlight on this trip was meeting Bob Carter from Carter Country. As some of you know Bob was a well known outfitter for many years and has drifted into the sporting goods business---I think he sells more hunting gear than anything else. This was a really good and satisfing hunt: outfitter exceeded our expectations and everything went about as planned. Cost was average and the deer were above average. We are happy hunters.

Sorry to get off the subject here: this is supposed to be about wild sheep. Off to Texas in March for that Aoudad...this is gonna be fun. I'll keep ya posted.

and thaks for asking,

tidbit

Posts: 10 | Registered: August 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks tid, sounds like you guys had a great time. Good luck on your Aoudad hunt. Can you email me at davisbill@realtracs.com with info or web sites from your deer hunts? Thanks, Bill

Posts: 98 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post