Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Berger Bullets
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any feed back good or bad on the performance of Berger VLD bullets on big game. I did some test loads out of a rifle that I am sheep/caribou hunting with this late summer and they shoot great. Just seeing if anyone has any experience with them on downing game.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent Long Range Bullet. I have only shot 1 animal with it at extreme range and the Bullet preformed well.I was shooting a 300 ultra mag and used a 180 grain bullet.

Posts: 8 | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. They do group and shoot and group good. I was just curious on short/medium range expansion.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An important point to consider while using the Berger bullets is that the VLD bullets shoot out the best when they are loaded to a COAL (Cartridge Overall Length), which puts the bullet at the ‘sweet spot’. This sweet spot is usually a band .030″ to .040″ in a wide range and is simply located anywhere between jamming of the bullets into the lands and .150″ jump off the lands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RamDreamer,

Posts: 10 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post